Useful Information for Parents:
As a staff and governors, we take the reopening of our school during this pandemic extremely seriously. Below you will find the risk assessment we will be following to ensure all children and staff are as protected as they can be in a school environment.
COVID 19 Schools Operational Risk Assessment
COVID Outbreak Management Plan
COVID-19 Performances Risk Assessment
If you are worried about whether your child is showing symptoms, whether they should come to school, or whether you need to book a test, have a look at the guide below.
COVID19 Parent Guide
Opening and Operating of School
Children will stay mostly with their own class throughout the school day but there will be times when the whole school gather for assembly in the school hall.
Arriving at/leaving school
- Nursery will continue to run their sessions as normal: 8:45am - 11:45am and 12:15pm - 3:15pm. Lunch session is between 11:45am - 12:15pm.
- Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will arrive at school at 8:45am. They will be collected at 3pm. Reception children will use the Reception classroom door (at the front of school) and Year 1 and 2 children will use the main entrance to access their classrooms at the back of the hall. These are the doors they will exit at the end of the day also.
- Children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will arrive at school at 8:45am. They will be collected at 3.00pm. They will enter and exit school through their classroom’s outside doors, located around the side and back of school and accessed via the gate leading to the junior playground. Staff will be on hand to help direct children to the correct door so please ensure they’re not worried about this.
- There will be breakfast and afterschool club from 7am, in the hall, until 5:00pm.
- Hand washing will continue to be high priority and hand sanitiser is available throughout school.
- Deep cleaning will take place at the end of every day as well as continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- If your child has any symptoms, contact school in the first instance. If any children show symptoms at school we will contact you immediately and Public Health guidance will be followed.
- Children will be expected to wear their full school uniform apart from on the one day per week where they will wear their full PE kit.
- Children will have their own personal equipment to use in class but can bring a school bag to school which will be kept in their locker.
- The Government has confirmed that attendance is compulsory and the usual attendance procedures will apply. However, if your child has been given clinical guidance, please contact school and we will discuss how we can support you.